20180301-Michael Chugani 褚簡寧:Netizens

Michael Chugani 褚簡寧:Netizens
2018/03/01 08:41:26


           My friends often ask me why I mostly wear either dark-colored suits or jeans with plain-colored shirts. I tell them I don’t have the guts to be a flashy dresser. I wear dark-colored suits with plain shirts and ties on my TV shows and when I go to cocktail receptions. I wear blue jeans and plain-colored shirts when I socialize (get together) with friends. But friends always tell me I don’t need guts to be a flashy dresser because anything goes in fashion nowadays. A flashy dresser is a person who wears stylish and brightly-colored clothes. The expression “anything goes” means everything is acceptable because there are no rules.

          It is true anything goes in fashion nowadays. I have seen men wearing pants (trousers) that look like a dress. I have seen women with hair colored pink or blue. I have seen men with hair only on one side of their head. I have recently gathered the guts to wear brightly-colored suit jackets on my Chinese TV show but I have a salmon-colored suit jacket that I still don’t have the guts to wear. I applaud (clap hands, praise) Eliza Lee Man-ching for having the guts to wear whatever she wants. She is the Permanent Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development handling communications and creative industries in the government.

          Last week she wore a coat that was so colorful and unusual at a press conference that reporters focused on her coat and not the topic of the press conference. Netizens (people who often use the internet) mocked (insulted, ridiculed) her for wearing a coat that looked like a robe Qing Dynasty officials wore three hundred years ago. Lee Man-ching has the right and freedom to wear whatever she wants. Mocking her in such an unfair and discriminatory way is cyberbullying (using the internet to bully people) because no one mocks Hong Kong’s show business people for dressing in a flashy way. Her boss Edward Yau Tang-wah rightly defended her freedom to wear whatever she wants. We live in an age when fashion has no rules. Lee Man-ching should dress even more daringly to show she is not afraid of cyberbullying.

          我的朋友不時問我,為何我通常不是穿深色的西裝,就是穿牛仔褲配素色襯衫。我跟他們說,我不夠膽去做個衣着艷麗的人(flashy dresser)。我上我的電視節目和去酒會時,就穿簡樸襯衫與領呔、配深色西裝;去跟朋友交際(socialize)時,就穿藍色牛仔褲和素色襯衫。然而朋友們總是告訴我,我不需要很有膽識才能成為衣着時尚、艷麗的人(flashy dresser),因為今天的時裝無奇不有(anything goes)。 A flashy dresser是個穿着得時髦、衣飾光鮮豔麗的人。習語“anything goes”意即甚麼事情都是有可能的,因為根本就沒有規則可言。

          真的,今天的時裝實在無奇不有(anything goes)。我就見過男人穿條像裙一樣的褲(pants);見過女人把髮染成粉紅或藍色;也見過男人只留有半邊的頭髮。我最近就鼓起足夠的勇氣,在中文電視節目上穿了件鮮色的西裝褸,但我還有件三文魚色的西裝褸,到現在仍不夠膽去穿。我為利敏貞鼓掌(applaud),夠膽自己喜歡穿甚麼就穿甚麼。她是政府的商務及經濟發展局常任秘書長(通訊及創意產業)。

          上星期她穿了一件外套,其顏色之鮮豔及奇特是記招中少見的,記者們都集中在其外套上,而不是記招的議題。網民(Netizens)嘲笑(mocked)她穿的外套,像三百年前清朝官員才會穿的長袍。利敏貞有權利和自由,愛穿甚麼就穿甚麼。如此不公及帶歧視性的嘲諷(mocking)她,是網絡欺凌(cyberbullying),因為沒有人會嘲笑香港穿得俗艷(flashy)的演藝界人士。她的上司邱騰華正確地力挺她有自由愛穿甚麼就穿甚麼。我們活在這個時代,時裝根本毫無規範。利敏貞好應更大膽地穿搭,以展示她不畏網絡欺凌(cyberbullying)。


        中譯:七刻

        Michael Chugani 褚簡寧

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

20091213-陶傑:BNO、蠢老鼠

20180506-批判地理達人鄧永成,土地供應與公義的矛盾人,鄧永成寄語學生:當香港被規劃時……

20200129-楊天命:致習近平總書記的一封信